Tuesday 27 November 2007

Paradise Lost

... So I'm starting work tomorrow morning. Not the actual work of which I'm actually looking forward to (i.e. gallery work). Oh no, mother decided it would be a good idea, since I've been far too lazy so far (which, to be fair, I agree with), for me to work in the factory. Father's factory that is. So now I'm meeting one of the HR guys tomorrow morning discussing which department I'd like to work for. Accountancy, not so much. Production, also not so much. QC... urgh, no. The guy apparently suggested that I could work for the Export department, which sounds like it'll be more interesting to me. But come on! Despite the fact that I'm not doing this pro bono at least, I have no interest in the field. At all. Hell, I'd mind waitressing less. This whole behind a desk job thing I've done before and it drove me nuts. Plus, I'm working for my father, and that is something that I had promised myself, years ago, that I would never do. My dad's business and my interests clash totally. And it's so easy for people to say "oh, she got the job because it's her dad's company", and it'll be TRUE and I hate that. Sure, if I work in the gallery I wouldn't get it through my own means because the gallery owner is my great aunt's friend, but she seemed excited to get me on board, plus it's a stranger that I'm working for, and I know that if I slack off or something she'll fire me. I don't want to be some charity case. And again, desk job.

When my aunts found out I was taking a GAP year and wanted a job, they couldn't understand why I didn't just ask my dad for a secretarial position or something. It irritates me to no end. Sure, I know the benefits of using your connections, but still.

That said, the new chapter of Vampire Knight was amazing. There's so much tension now and the story, it seems, is finally coming to a climax. Aidou is... god, there is so much love for Aidou. And I really am not a big fan of Yuki/Kaname. Kaname/Zero, however, is <3.

No comments: